Renaissance Magazine accepts the following unsolicited content related to the Renaissance and Middle Ages for consideration:
- Articles related to history, travel, Renaissance Faires, the SCA and related reenactment groups.
- Interviews with artists, artisans, performers, reenactors, and scholars.
- Book reviews (historical fiction and nonfiction are acceptable).
- Music CDs and CD reviews.
All submissions should be in saved in and easy to read and edit format such as Microsoft Word, Text document, or similar. We are unable to edit PDF documents. As formatting may change, please leave the document unformatted. Also include article title and author name in document.
Attach your article and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
With every submission, please include a brief bio of the author, any credits, and your contact information.
All work except a bardic column is subject to editing for space, grammar, and format considerations. If edits do not affect content, we will not notify the author in advance. Due to normal production factors, Renaissance Magazine cannot guarantee publication of any article, even if scheduled for inclusion. We make every effort to notify writers of the status of article(s) in our inventory. We reserve the right to reject previously accepted work at any time and for any reason.
If you are interested in writing for Renaissance Magazine, please send your submissions or queries to the Content Directors at email@example.com.
Book and Music CD Reviews
We accept unsolicited reviews of renaissance and medieval-related books, including fiction, non-fiction and music CD’s. A high-resolution jpg scan of the original cover of the book jacket or CD MUST be available. Authors and publishers of Renaissance and Medieval-related books, games, software and music CD’s may submit a copy of their product to the below PO Box.
Payments will be based on flat fees determined by the type of article submitted and the length of the article
- Feature article (1200 – 2000 words plus at least 6 images) – $150
- Column, Full Page (500 – 1000 words plus at least 3 images) – $50
- Column, Half Page (200 – 400 words plus at least 2 images) – $25
- Column, Bardic (no picture necessary) – $20
Renaissance Magazine pays a flat fee of $7 per published image. Special rates apply to artwork and graphic items.
In addition to authors’ fees, a contributor copy will be provided to each contributor.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
PO Box 10140
Houston TX 77206